The uniqueness of Moses and Muhammad
1) Received Revelation from God directly, “face to face”, not through the Angel Gabriel. Qur’an 4.164:
“Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not; - and to Moses Allah spoke direct;”
2) Could initiate Prophecy with God, did not have to wait for God to reveal Himself.
3) Resurrected first on the Day of Judgment. Bukhari Volume 3, Book 41, Number 594:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Two persons, a Muslim and a Jew, quarreled. The Muslim said, "By Him Who gave Muhammad superiority over all the people! The Jew said, "By Him Who gave Moses superiority over all the people!" At that the Muslim raised his hand and slapped the Jew on the face. The Jew went to the Prophet and informed him of what had happened between him and the Muslim. The Prophet sent for the Muslim and asked him about it. The Muslim informed him of the event. The Prophet said, "Do not give me superiority over Moses, for on the Day of Resurrection all the people will fall unconscious and I will be one of them, but I will. be the first to gain consciousness, and will see Moses standing and holding the side of the Throne (of Allah). I will not know whether (Moses) has also fallen unconscious and got up before me, or Allah has exempted him from that stroke."
main revelation (the 10 commandments at
“And it came to pass on the third
day, when it was morning, that there were thunder and lightning and a thick
cloud upon the mount, and the voice of a horn exceeding loud; and all the
people that were in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out
of the camp to meet God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. Now
1) He is the only Prophet to have a Universal Message (the Qur’an).
2) He is the last and final Prophet until the Day of Judgment.
3) He will intercede on behalf of the Muslims on the Day of Resurrection.
4) We know every detail about his life.
was the most successful in regards to that mostly all of Arabia had converted
to Islam before he died, and he was a very successful Head of State where he
ruled Arabia from
6) He had so many roles: Prophet, Head of State, Military General, Father, Grandfather, Husband, etc…