|Evidence that the Temple
of Prophet Solomon was on Mt. Moriah (the Temple Mount) in Jerusalem (Bait
1) 2 Chronicles 3:1 "Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in mount Moriah, where [the LORD] appeared unto David his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite." There has never been any debate as to where Mt. Moriah is!
2) For 2000 years, no one ever debated that the Temple of Solomon was on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It has only been since 1967, for political reasons that some Muslims make this ridiculous claim. Why before 1967, when Muslims controlled Jerusalem, did they ever not make this claim?
3) We know for a fact that it was precisely where the Dome of the Rock is because that is why Prophet Muhammad (saws) made the Isra to that spot and did the miraj from that spot. For if that were not a holy site to previous Prophets, Abraham, Solomon, etc, there would be no reason to go there to do the miraj. He could of just done it from Mecca!
4) Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 585: Narrated Abu Dhar: I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was first built on the surface of the earth?" He said, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram (in Mecca)." I said, "Which was built next?" He replied "The mosque of Al-Aqsa ( in Jerusalem) ." I said, "What was the period of construction between the two?" He said, "Forty years."
The Hebrew word for the Holy Temple is called the Beit Ha-Mikdash. The Arabic word is Bait Al-Maqdis. Bait/Beit means house, Al/Ha means the, and Mikdash/Maqdis means holy temple, coming from the root Quds and Kiddush which means holy! So the very name that the Prophet referred to when he made the Isra was the Holy Temple, the Masjid that was built by Solomon. Remember Prophet Muhammad did not come with a new religion, he brought the same religion as Prophet Solomon, so why would Muslims want to deny their own spiritual heritage and deny that there was a Masjid/Temple on that spot?????
5) We know for a fact that the Bani Israel lived in Palestine and had many Prophets such as Solomon and that their Qibla was Jerusalem, and that there existed the Masjid Bait al Maqdis in Jerusalem, so recognizing all of that as fact which is affirmed by Qur'an and Hadith, I don't see any leg for Muslims to stand on that deny that there was a Temple there!
6) We also know that the Bani Israel were the previous Ummah before the Ummah of Muhammad (saws). So why deny that they had a Masjid (Temple) there?